6mm Northern shoulder of Kursk IABSM game

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

mluther

6mm Northern shoulder of Kursk IABSM game

Post by mluther »

The latest remote texting game was a bit of a disappointment. I was in the mood for a tank bash and I try to do a Kursk game every July-pushed back a month due to C19 and I just got around to editing the pics. It was based on the lopsided engagement in the area between Step' and Hill 227.9 on the morning of July 6, 1943 involving the 107th Tank Brigade and the StugIIIs of Stug. Abt 245 and off table Tigers of s.Pz. Abt 505.
I was afraid that it might be a bit of a blowout with the Russkies just providing moving targets. But we had some extreme dice rolling that made things just the opposite.
Flickr link to the AAR:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming ... 5946666313

Mark

CarlL

Re: 6mm Northern shoulder of Kursk IABSM game

Post by CarlL »

Mark,
belated response, as I followed link and enjoyed photo report some days ago but had problems trying to post reply.
lovely to see large table with great use of different coloured and textured cloths (towelling?) for fields.
I cant recall how rollling this section of the battlefield was at Kursk, but your game and use of 1/300 miniatures gives "good feel" to size (of this section) of the battlefield. Well done
CarlL

mluther

Re: 6mm Northern shoulder of Kursk IABSM game

Post by mluther »

I have had a few folks asking how a tank heavy game of IABSM plays so thought I would run a tanks only scenario
It requires a lot of dice rolling, so doing this via texting meant that the players had to be ready to respond quickly. It did take longer, but any game played remotely is going to be slower.