Chain of Command Solo Battle of Kuantan Photo AAR

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Abwehrschlacht

Chain of Command Solo Battle of Kuantan Photo AAR

Post by Abwehrschlacht »

New blog! These are the photos of the solo game of Chain of Command which I played last weekend. These were originally posted on Twitter, but are gathered in one place here with some narrative.

https://www.stormofsteelwargaming.com/2 ... antan.html

CarlL

Re: Chain of Command Solo Battle of Kuantan Photo AAR

Post by CarlL »

I enjoyed watching your solo game, (on You Tube) both as I am a solo player (and its always good to see how others tackle solo play) and as you work hard with camera, voice over and text, to explain the COC rules and your solo play.
Its educational to see how CoC plays as a platoon action.
I also enjoyed your use of scenery and figures to convey an historical action. Not one I know, but you are to be applauded for finding an historical action at same level as the game rules you used.
You might enjoy using the Threat Generation system that appeared in Miniature Wargames, May 2014, (pp21-26) which creates a good system for playing your Japanese in this kind of scenario.
I think you did this well with jump off points and random allocation of arrivals.
CarlL

Abwehrschlacht

Re: Chain of Command Solo Battle of Kuantan Photo AAR

Post by Abwehrschlacht »

Cheers Carl, I am glad you enjoyed the video! I enjoy making them so they will continue coming for the next few weeks at least. I didn't know about the threat generator, so I will definitely check that out, thanks for the head's up! Chain of Command works well for random allocation, so this works pretty well as is, but anything that can help will be useful.