First game

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Baldie

First game

Post by Baldie » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi All

Not a report as such but just had my first game, had waited ages to get my first game but the stars finally aligned.

My Soviets vs Japanese

I got 3 support points to Dales 9, I took an MMG and he got a light field gun and a tiny tank poss something else.
I had 8 vs 11 moral

We had a fab time until Dale took my last two moral, he only had two left as well.

We ended up having six close combats and I got close to sneaking a deployment marker from him until the tank pinned me.

I had a section hit by three knee mortars and that was enough to take me to zero.

Fantastic game cant wait to get more done.

BaronVonWreckedoften

Re: First game

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:42 pm

It's almost addictive, isn't it? (But in a good way!)
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

DougM

Post by DougM » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Congratulations on breaking your cherry! And don't worry, there are so many possible games and campaigns this will keep you going for a long time! (at my age, I have worked out at the rate I get to play, the pint sized campaigns I have bought will take me well past my expected death!.. )
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Baldie

Post by Baldie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm

An unpainted BEF force fought an equally unpainted German Schutzen platoon.
British attacking to capture an objective, my poor Germans only got 2 support points to the British 8 so they had to face Matilda and a Vickers tank.

The Germans did not roll over and I went on the attack to see if i could capture some jump off points. Got beaten back into cover when my Shabby Nazi Tricks were found out and the enemy started deploying.

Fab game, all guns blazing now to get some paint slapped on and two or three more chaps getting some EW.

Off we go, sorry my beloved Soviets I am really enjoying playing the bad guys for a change.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Good stuff!
It's good to play the Germans when the tanks were grey......when they went yellow they started to lose! 😀

Baldie

Post by Baldie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 pm

Looking forward to painting grey rather than green for a while.

DougM

Post by DougM » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:10 am

I do like the Early War stuff, currently just waiting for someone to come out with a nice range of BEF to add to my French and German forces - and then I have the British for Malaya (1941) I am painting currently, Japanese for the same campaign, and my Soviets are supposed to be for 1941 too.

That gives me a decent range of options, and of course I have a whole bunch of later stuff as well, but the Early War (technically my North Africa forces are Early War too I suppose) platoons are nice.
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/