Grabow Feb 45 6mm IABSM game

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

mluther

Grabow Feb 45 6mm IABSM game

Post by mluther »

Inspired by issue 184 of After the Battle magazine, I decided to do a late war game based on actions in one of the Oder Bridgeheads in Feb, 1945. It allowed me to try some loaded-for-bear SS foot units and was a change of pace from the Normandy kick I was on.
The Soviet 49th Gds Tank Brigade (with T34/85s) drove the SS Fallschirmjaegers out of Grabow on Feb 5. But when the Kampfgruppe Schwedt defenders received reinforcements-2 batteries of Sturmgeschutz-Brigade 210 and Fallschirm-PanzerJagd-Bataillion 54 So along with units already in the bridgehead, SS Jagdverband Mitte, SS Fallschirmjaeger Btn 600 and the snipers of SS Scharfschutzen-Zug, the Germans counterattacked on Feb 7.
So many long words, so many automatic weapons.
Link to flickr pics and AAR:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming ... 775350011/
Mark

Capt Fortier

Re: Grabow Feb 45 6mm IABSM game

Post by Capt Fortier »

mluther wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 pm
So many long words, so many automatic weapons.
:lol:

But a truly beautiful table at that scale - nicely captures the bleakness of the landscape, the season and the bloody end of the long war on the eastern front!
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

mluther

Re: Grabow Feb 45 6mm IABSM game

Post by mluther »

It was a nice change of pace from the Normandy games. I really like the way IABSM works with 6mm.