Reunion on the Road from Serracaprioala

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Capt Fortier

Reunion on the Road from Serracaprioala

Post by Capt Fortier »

This long weekend last and a reunion with some old school friends provided an excellent opportunity to introduce two old gamers to Chain of Command, and to test a scenario I am working on as part of a campaign around the fight for Larino, a small sideshow of the Italian Campaign, during the British 78th (Battleaxe) Division's advance to the Viktor Line in October 1943. As always, still very much a learning process for me too, but always great fun. As I say in the blog, the fact that the game stands up even when you botch up the rules is a good sign!

The AAR is available at Reunion on the Road from Serracapriola.

I should also warn the photos are shockers; I was down to one overhead and a spotlight in the war-room (and my photography is always pretty poor).
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Truscott Trotter

Re: Reunion on the Road from Serracaprioala

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Entertaining AAR. At least with beginners you can tell them you were showing them what NOT to do!
:D
We might have to start calling you Captain 'Tally Ho' Fortier.

FWIW I have been working on a Termoli PSC at a glacial pace and trying to link the missions is the hard part especially as I wanted to incluse the reg Brit inf as well as Commandos and SRS.

MLB

Post by MLB »

A good and entertaining experience for all concerned by the sound of it. Nothing more pleasurable than seeing your opponent bring his barrage down upon his own troops!
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

gilliessim

Post by gilliessim »

That was a fun read! Always nice to hear about others starting out in Chain of Command, and commiserate over common errors!

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Thanks all for feedback and encouragement.

TT, I had seen earlier that you had been working on Termoli, and I've seen some of your Commando AARs with such smashing scenery, so I'd love to see it come together some day. I too considered Termoli and I believe I know what you mean about the challenge of linking the missions. It is still a little out of my league I think, although I think it has some great elements that would make for some fascinating games. I'm a big fan of Ken Ford's account in Battleaxe Division. I might still try something with it once I've done my Larino campaign, which in Australian drinking parlance is more a Pony-Sized Campaign!
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny