What 15mm do you use?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

acctingman

What 15mm do you use?

Post by acctingman »

So, I'm building up a table for some post D-Day bashing using CoC.

I'm not sure which mini's I want to buy! The Flames of War stuff is nice, but it sure is pricey. None of the other resin/metal models look all that nice (imo). Looking at PSC tanks. How do they stack up?

What do you all use for infantry?

Thanks

Peter

Re: What 15mm do you use?

Post by Peter »

PSC and Peter Pig.

Peter

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Also the Zvezda 1/100 kits fit in well with PSC and Peter Pig.

(I find the PSC figures rather bland, but the vehicles are good.)

Also look on places like ebay for FoW stuff, some wargames stores are also selling off old stock at a good price. Check online. Certainly at the last wargame show I went to there was much Battlefront stuff in "bargain" boxes.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

rnaylor1

Post by rnaylor1 »

I use PSC and Peter Pig and can also recommend them. I used PSC for the bulk of the infantry and Peter Pig for the support weapons.

munsterfan8

Post by munsterfan8 »

Figures - PSC (their newer models are much nicer, if a bit bit chunkier than before, Peter Pig (lovely sculpts) and some Battlefront (sculpting quality can be variable)
Vehicles - PSC, Skytrex and the odd Battlefront.

There are several webstores that do Battlefront stuff at discounts as well.

Zippee

Post by Zippee »

Another vote for PSC and Peter Pig although Forged In Battle are well worth a look as well

acctingman

Post by acctingman »

can anyone recommend what web stores might have these bargain sales? :)

Thanks for all the info folks!

munsterfan8

Post by munsterfan8 »

PSC do sales every now and then and do discount bundles as well - check out their website at http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/

The Wargames Store do FoW at 10% discount, as do Gaming Figures (who also do PSC at 15% off, free postage on orders over £40 and an extra 5% discount on orders over £100). They are at:

http://www.gamingfigures.com/

http://www.wargamestore.com/

I have used both and found them to be fast and reliable.

Hope that helps!

acctingman

Post by acctingman »

thank you munsterfan8!

NTM

Post by NTM »

For infantry PSC, BF, Peter Pig & FiB. Depends what your after as to which I'd recommend as some ranges or nationalities better than others. Really like the newer chunky style PSC figures but for CoC you'd be buying a lot more than you need due to pack sizes but won't break the bank. The other three produce platoon packs which will give you a core of your force. Peter Pig sell packs of eight figures which are great for rounding out or adding the odd support weapon. The other two only do support weapons in platoon packs so you'd end up with more than required again. I'm currently painting up a U.S.platoon from FiB and they're great. Unfortunately they don't at present have any bazookas in their range so I'm using some BF ones as that's what I had lying around but may replace them with Peter Pig at some stage.

Vehicles I have PSC, Zvezda, BF & FiB mainly. Once again some are better in some areas than others. All work pretty well together. In general if you keep to one manufacturer for each type of vehicle you should be fairly safe.