French Regular Infantry - French Indian wars

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

JOHN BOND 001

French Regular Infantry - French Indian wars

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

My completed 28mm French Regular Infantry for the French Indian wars, they are marketed by Warlord games (Conquest miniatures). Follow the link for more images and info: http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2020/09/fr ... dian.html

cheers John

Baldie

Re: French Regular Infantry - French Indian wars

Post by Baldie »

Looking great, they are def on my wish list.
Got the British regular figs and want some regulars for my French as well.

We actually dug out M&T on Sat and had a game, my Indians slaughtered the civilians and British forces.
We talked about using SP for a game.
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Your forest-litter bases look great, and your eye for character and detail are always impressive.
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Mindenbrush

Post by Mindenbrush »

Having seen sone of your scratch built buildings, guns etc on your blog, converting those marching figures to advancing must have been a breeze. Impressive work again 👍

Jfuller39

Post by Jfuller39 »

Hey John,

Is there a reason you chose the Warlord infantry (I think they are the old Conquest sculpts maybe?) over another vendor? I’m looking to get into the French and Indian War as a period and I have a whole bunch of AWI models that can double (First Nations models, Militia types and some woodsmen) but regulars for both sides I’m short on so I’ve been looking around and was wondering what drew you to these models. As many have mentioned, they look great so thanks for sharing.

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Thanks Jfuller39 for your comments
I purchase the Warlord games(Conquest minis) French Infantry about 4 or 5 years ago and they have been sitting in the lead pile since then.
At the time I found that they seemed the best option for me in regards to scale and overall look and proportion of the miniatures compared to what was available on the market at that point in time.
I found that other manufacturers minis where too "well feed" or "under feed"
I have since placed a order for some British Regulars and Rangers from the late kickstarter from bridgegames, they have a good variety of poses and are well proportioned as far as I can tell, waiting for them to arrive at the moment.

Hope this helps JOhn.