CoC North West Frontier

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

CoC North West Frontier

Post by oozeboss »

OK, 40 Afghan 'soldiers of fortune' now completed for my 1930's Chain of Command - North West Frontier project, having taken me about 2 days all up, from the sprues to being varnished. I only used 4 of the 5 body options available (the missing one being a kneeling version, which is being saved for Pathans), and 5 of the heads (10 of them being 3 versions in skull caps) as I'm saving the "good ones" for the Pathans who will be the core of two 'platoons'. These were basically an experiment to see how the Atlantic Gaming plastic figures would turn out (and what scheme would work best with them), and I'm more than happy with the result. The figures take paint (and inks) like a dream.Image

oozeboss

Re: CoC North West Frontier

Post by oozeboss »

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss »

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss »

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

They look fan dabby dozy
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Splendid work, look forward to seeing them in action.

DougM

Post by DougM »

Very nice stuff.. they have come out beautifully. (Now I am resisting temptation... )
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

nicholascaldwell

Post by nicholascaldwell »

I've given in to temptation. :D these are next up on my "to buy" list. Love seeing them in the flesh - they look great! Thanks for posting.

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss »

They are excellent figures, and very inexpensive. I bought five boxes, and the discount applied meant that the fifth box basically cost Aus$6. The 200 figures that I bought worked out at about $1.08 each, the postage was free, and the delivery time (even in these frantic days) was three working days (as Atlantic Games are an American company, but have warehouses in the UK and here in Sydney). :D

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss »

Just finished the bulk of two Pashtun/ Pathan 'platoons', using Wargames Atlantic's superb plastics (with a lot of C20 rifles added) for my 1937 NWF campaign & display game. Next step will be to get a couple more boxes in order to make up some MMG & artillery crews; some more Jump Off Points; and some Shabby Pathan Tricks as another Support option.
These are the Afghans that I completed first, who are a Support option for the Pashtuns (so I've put them in groups of ten). The Pashtuns painted in a theme of the Mohmands is to the viewer's left of them, while those themed on the Bunerwals (of the Yusufzai tribe) are to our right. The Afghan soldiers of fortune are less effective fighters than Pashtuns, so I made their attire significantly cleaner.