Scratch build, Signal box

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

JOHN BOND 001

Scratch build, Signal box

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Continuing work on my scratch built MDF building, a Signal Box , first piece of a Train Station build for CANCON 2020.
Its built from 3 mm MDF and is made to suit 28 mm miniatures follow the link for more images and information on the build:
http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2019/08/scr ... l-box.html

cheers John

Jfuller39

Re: Scratch build, Signal box

Post by Jfuller39 »

Hey John, that looks great! I have a question for you. What size rail are you using for the tracks? I saw the picture where you showed the controllers cables linking to rail and was just wondering what size it is. I’ve always struggled to get something to match 28mm reliably and have been considering other settings that would use rail (28mm American Old West and maybe ACW with Sharp Practice). Great work again! Love the look and good luck at CANCON! Sounds like it will be a great game!

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve »

Amazing work as usual!

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Hi Jfuller39 have sent you a PM
cheers John

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Beautiful work as always! Did you work from any examples or images? If not, you've a fine eye for destructive detail!
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 »

Thanks Capt Fortier, Googled "signal box images in France" for a general idea for the signal box but the destruction detail I just made it up as I went.

mmellow

Post by mmellow »

superb bit of modelling and a great subject choice, relevant but different. well done