Vickers Machine gun manned by Australians in the Pacific

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

JOHN BOND 001

Vickers Machine gun manned by Australians in the Pacific

Post by JOHN BOND 001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:37 pm

This weekend has provided me with some time to finish off my Vickers Machine gun and progress further with my Australian Infantry Platoon as CANCON is getting closer.
I have scratched built the Vickers gun and converted Perry plastic 28mm figures as the crew.
follow the link for more pictures and information:
http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com/2019/01/vic ... ed-by.html

cheers John :)

hendrik

Re: Vickers Machine gun manned by Australians in the Pacific

Post by hendrik » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:24 pm

you're at it again john! damnit! every time you post an update my chain of command whatsapp group goes beserk on how insane your scratchbuild quality is! Keep it up!

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:08 pm

May I ask why you scratch-build so much stuff? Are the off-the-peg versions inaccurate in some way, is it the cost, or is it just a personal satisfaction thing? (It's very nice, by the way, just a little puzzling!)

JOHN BOND 001

Post by JOHN BOND 001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:43 am

Thanks and that very funny Hendrik :lol:

Baron, my occupation is a Dental technician, :mrgreen: its a very hands on and creative type of work,my work involves carving crowns and inlays from wax and casting them in gold, and or working with porcelain powders mixed with distilled water into the shape of teeth and firing them to create porcelain caps to restore damaged or lost teeth in the mouth.

So I think it's in me, sometimes I just can't resist to create stuff, this is not limited to my wargaming hobby only.

cheers John :)

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Explains a lot. I considered being a dentist when I was at school, but then gave up the idea (I was crap at sciences) and moved into law. I sometimes regret it, as all the dentists I know can do what you do and I fantasise that I could have been producing my own range of figures now......(yeah, right!).

Anyway, kudos to you - always useful to extend your work skills into your hobby/hobbies.

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Nice work again John!