All Quiet on the Martian Front

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

andy_cole

All Quiet on the Martian Front

Post by andy_cole »

I have signed up to this kickstarter, (seriously who can resist martian tripods, not me). But having fallen for TFL rules this last year and not being to enamoured with the rules I've coming with the game, I thought I'd ask for peoples recomendations.
Obvious choices would be Mud and the Blood (which I'm familiar with) and Quadrant 13 (which I'm not but I'm guessing are similiar?).
The minis are 15mm and fairly heavy on armour so I'm guessing Q13 is more likely but I would love yo hear your opinions (and then with Mud and Blood I could divert into 15mm WW1 I suppose?)

Cheers
for any thoughts

agent_pumpkin

Re: All Quiet on the Martian Front

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Q13 is pretty much IABSM in a sci-fi setting, with lots of lovely shiny chrome. Therefore it is company sized action with room for plenty of armour and air support.

I see no reason why you could not use Mud and Blood with 15mm.

Looking at the range of kickstarter models for All Quiet on the Martian Front I would recommend Q13. Rob Avery's (Vis Bellica), website has some sample army lists and AAR's to give you a better idea of Q13.

http://vislardica.com/

Have you got any of your figures yet? If yes, what are they like?
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

I haven't got any minis yet, it's a kickstarter so gonna be late of course. ok so quadrant 13 is more the scale of game I'm looking at.
unless anyone else has any cool ideas i probably need to get a set of rules then.
I will keep you updated with what i get upto

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Andy,
I would be interested to hear how you get on. I too am waiting for the figures from the AQMF Kickstarter and will also be looking for a set of rules if I don't like the ones which come with the game.

John

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

Quick question, is there a figure scale to Q13, ie what would a stand of 5 minis represent?

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

I don't have the rules but I think they are still 1:1 scale it's just that they are designed for a company level game as I understand it like IABSM.
No doubt you could vary that if you wished.

John

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

John- the AQMF rules are available on the alien dungeon or kickstarter site somewhere in basic form, people are already running demos with proxies. They don't really do it for me though, I'm also looking at some black hat bef to fill out my infantry.
Cheers for the advice on figure scale.

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

I'd recommend Q13 as well: particularly as I'm signed up to the kickstarter myself, so will be producing Q13 army list for the Martians as soon as I get my figures (I always prefer to produce army lists from the figures themselves rather than just a manufacturer's listing).

And Q13 is a one-to-one scale game, so a five-man infantry stand would represent five men.

R

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

Thats nice and simple then, had a good look at your site Vis Bellica, so i may just have to order a few black hat minis to get me started.
i'll keep you all posted.

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

Well we should start to see some minis some time soon, so maybe its time to get stuck into Q13?