What A Tanker

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: What A Tanker

Post by Truscott Trotter »

They were slow as they had to stop every 500m and top up the transmissions :lol:

jdg

Post by jdg »

Just read this thread and i have to say that I'm surprised that so few WWII gamers failed to recognize the Panzer collar tabs.

jdg

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

jdg these days you would be lucky if some WWII wargamers recognise the tank as a panzer - its just a tank from the black faction :P ;) :o :roll:

vlad48

Post by vlad48 »

I've joined the discussion late but another of things pop to mind.

On the issue of changing the cover due to unfounded fears it might be too "SS friendly" when it was meant to lampoon Tankers insignia - it reminds me of when comedian Jerry Seinfeld said that he won't play college campuses anymore because the audience is so hair-trigger sensitive. From a business prospective Richard has made the right call adjusting the art - but it was a depressing reflection of the times that he had to do so. (this also echoes the excellent discussion on insignia sensitivity in Oddcast No 5).

On the bright side the rules sound like an excellent idea - I'll be looking for the pre-sale announcement which should be coming soon.

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 am
If Rich really wanted to sell a lot of copies and make capital he would have put something like this on the cover :lol:
Where are my "like" and "retweet" buttons for this post? :lol: :lol:
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
If Rich really wanted to sell a lot of copies and make capital he would have put something like this on the cover :lol:
changl09 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 am

I'm actually ready to convert this for senshado, and if my Japanese could hold up, run a few demo games down at the local hobby shop showing the natives how we foreigners do things with models.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about the Girls und Panzer setting for this game :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAAnUqhKWZI

changl09

Post by changl09 »

Adam wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 pm
Truscott Trotter wrote:
changl09 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 am

I'm actually ready to convert this for senshado, and if my Japanese could hold up, run a few demo games down at the local hobby shop showing the natives how we foreigners do things with models.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about the Girls und Panzer setting for this game :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAAnUqhKWZI
Been checking out some homebrew rules on TMP about GuP, as well as hacking Bolt Action and FoW.
I prefer Lardie's campaign systems so this will be my top choice for conversion when it comes out.

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

Just out of curiosity...is there a way to get an unedited cover copy of the rules when release?
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Adam

Post by Adam »

changl09 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:42 am
Been checking out some homebrew rules on TMP about GuP, as well as hacking Bolt Action and FoW.
I prefer Lardie's campaign systems so this will be my top choice for conversion when it comes out.
Yeah, from (the admittedly little of) what I've read about the campaign system, it seems like it would be great fun for Sensha-do. I'm really looking forward to this game, including for historical gaming, and not just mucking about with anime. I'm wondering if adding the school badges to the historically schemed tanks, then having magnetised stowage to cover them in historical games might be the way to go, perhaps with the odd magnetised commander. That way I can get double usage, though I do really fancy painting a shining gold Panzer 38(t) or a pimped out Stug!

15 minutes dicking about:

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

Which one is Sid?