Review: Platoon Forward!

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Sigur

Review: Platoon Forward!

Post by Sigur »

Heyhey, first off: I hope that this is the correct place for this thread. I wasn't really sure into which forums section Platoon Forward belongs. So if I'm wrong to post this here I'm asking the admins a.) not to shout at me and b.) to move this where it belongs. ;)

Anyhow, I'm doing a bit of a World War 2 themed month on my site/blog and today I posted a review of the very handy supplement Platoon Forward!, adding campaign play, a host of scenarios, leader personalities and several other things to your games. The rules fit almost any scale of game and a surprising amount of periods with just a little tweaking involved.

http://battlebrushstudios.blogspot.co.a ... rward.html

So here's the review, I hope you enjoy it!

Joe Legan

Re: Review: Platoon Forward!

Post by Joe Legan »

Sigur,

Thanks for the review! Don't get to this board too much now that the old Yahoo board is gone. Not sure where Rich wants Platoon Forward. Glad you like it!

Cheers

Joe

Chris Gilbride

Post by Chris Gilbride »

The yahoo board hasn't gone Joe. It's still there. You can now have double the amount of lard. :-)
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Joe Legan

Post by Joe Legan »

Chris,

But with the new board I can't follow the conversations like you use too. It just isn't the same. Maybe I am not smart enough to know how to use it.

Joe

CALPURNIUS

Post by CALPURNIUS »

One of the headings in the new format is Topics. Clicking on this will allow you to follow the conversation in the topic rather than a list of messages as they are posted.

Sigur

Post by Sigur »

Hey Joe, thanks for the comment! Yup, I enjoy Platoon Forward. It's just a very handy collection of things to spice up your ww2 gaming. Just last night I rolled up some characteristics for some British officers.

As for the Yahoo! Group - there are so many things I love about the historical wargames community but I just can not get used to using the Y! Groups. I have no idea why they're still around but then I come from very much a "forums background" so I guess it's about what you're used to.