card game on twitter?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

jshaw15

Re: card game on twitter?

Post by jshaw15 »

Does anyone know if this mysterious card game was playtested at Deep Fried Lard, or is the game actually What a Tanker, and not a company/battalion level game similar in spirit to IABSM?

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

What a Tanker is dice activated. There is a full report on Deep Fried Lard on the Tfl blog.

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=6688
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

We were having a dabble with a mechanism that I devised. We used some of my IABSM armies for it, but I am thinking about pushing it up to battalion level.

The mechanism, as stands, uses a Game deck comprised of red, blue and black Command Cards. To test it out we used normal playing cards with 1 to 10 hearts and diamonds counting as Red, 1 to 10 spades and clubs as Blue, and all pictures as Black. Ultimately the thought is that the number of cards you'll use will depend on the number of units in your force, adjusted for quality etc, but that was a good starting point.

Rich

jshaw15

Post by jshaw15 »

A battalion level game would be a great addition to the TFL rule sets!

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I agree it woukd be good especially as there are likely to be a second wave of FoW refugees after V4 .

Maybe having a FoW sized base representing a squad rather than team would be enough to field a battalion rather than a company?

The added bonus would then be all those battalion level supports used for plts and companies in FoW would still be usable. :D