card game on twitter?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

jshaw15

card game on twitter?

Post by jshaw15 »

What is the game being played with regular playing cards?

https://twitter.com/TooFatLardies?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor

Nellkyn

Re: card game on twitter?

Post by Nellkyn »

My thought was that it could be the new tankie (What a Tanker!) game that Rich has been playtesting. Only thing that makes me think that I'm wrong was the inclusion of infantry.

JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat »

Rich did say there were rules for infantry in that, but if it is, then he's changed the mechanisms a lot...

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Taken from the yahoo group....

"Secondly, somewhat unintentionally we seem to have created a new game for Company level WWII. Very different from IABSM, the section is one base and there is no individual figure removal. I am in the process of typing them up..."
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat »

Yup, saw that, I'm trying to think of a (really not silly, honest guv!) name for them that hasn't already been suggested to Rich! ;^D

jshaw15

Post by jshaw15 »

will this game use regular playing cards in place of command dice?

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Looks like it. From Rich's post it seems they were trying out a new mechanism and accidentally invented a WW2 company game. I'm sure more details will follow after Deep Fried Lard.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

jshaw15,
Remember IABSM is card driven, as are many other TFL games, the command dice mechanic of CoC is unusual for TFL. So it isn't entirely surprising to see Rich and Nick using ordinary playing cards as they develop their ideas. Rich has previously said that he sometimes just scribbles on some old business cards when trying things out. I'd wait and see what, if anything, emerges.

John

jshaw15

Post by jshaw15 »

John,

Thanks--I will await the newest offering from Rich with anticipation. I have been looking forward to a company-battalion level game from TFL, and hopefully this will be it!

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

I can highly recommend I Ain’t Been Shot Mum for company level WW2 if you haven't already tried it.