Yahoo Group

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Captain Darling

Re: Yahoo Group

Post by Captain Darling »

Hi All,

I have tried to find information on TW&T on the TFL Yahoo group and beside some saved files I haven't been able to glean anything of use, IMO I think they're pretty outdated and of little value.

Cheers!
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporiu ... ot.com.au/
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com

SteveBurt

Post by SteveBurt »

There's quite a few people on here who still play TW&T. Did you try asking about it?

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

TW&T has largely been superseded by Chain of Command, but some people still enjoy playing them.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

IMO I think they're pretty outdated and of little value.

I have had my differences with some members of the yahoo group but thats a little harsh :lol:

Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

Thanks Gentlemen.

I have access to both TW&T and CoC rules and just prefer TW&T myself.

My comments are about Yahoo Sites and not the the rules themselves, when I'm after any assistance I'll post here in preference to the Yahoo group it's a format I prefer :)

Cheers!
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporiu ... ot.com.au/
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com

FreddBloggs

Post by FreddBloggs »

I have to admit, I walked away from the yahoo group when Rich opened the politics free for all.

But I do miss the convenience of reading and replying by email.

Seret

Post by Seret »

FreddBloggs wrote: But I do miss the convenience of reading and replying by email.
See, now that's what I don't like about it. The web interface is terrible, the search function is bad and there's no organisation to it all. The only practical way to keep tabs on it is through email, which is a really clunky way to interact with a group IMO. I do get the digests and give them a scan, but the signal to noise ratio is pretty bad IMO.

FreddBloggs

Post by FreddBloggs »

That is the problem, though, with the people on the group, removing them to a forum would kill the noise and with it the danger the signal would weaken too. Many of the 'noise' people are also the most likely to post 'signal' as well.

Seret

Post by Seret »

The Yahoo Group and the forum are for different things. This forum is more public and is a place for things like rules queries and discussion of individual games. The Yahoo Group is more a private social thing, a lot of the people participating in it seem to know each other and so you get different content. The obvious advantage of Yahoo is that it's where Rich hangs out, so if you want his input on something that's the place to go.

I suspect neither little community would be happy being diverted into the other channel.

genew49

Post by genew49 »

Seret has it right. I read both everyday and I'm happy with what each one offers. Fortunately my niece married a wonderful young man from Ireland so I now have a translator for the Forum's Rugby discussions.