Test posting

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

agent_pumpkin

Re: Test posting

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Well, there are two ways that I know of...and you have to use the full editor rather than just "quick reply".

Firstly you could save your picture with a free image hosting service and then link that image into your post with the img tag. These tags are from the tool bar on the top of your text box. So use the tag from the toolbar and make sure you copy your link between the square bracket img tags.

Secondly you can just use the upload attachment option from below the text box and select an image from your hard drive. Click add and this will then upload the image from your computer. You can add a comment or just click on place inline to add that image to your post!
moray small.jpg
moray small.jpg (33.8 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
When you use the attachment option you do get that little bit of extra text as you can see at the bottom of my example.

I hope that makes sense and is of use to you.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Derek H

Post by Derek H »

Derek H wrote:Oh look. I can put a dirty great big photograph in my signature. I'll take it away in an hour or two.

You might want to remove that option Richard.
That's better
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Actually, thinking about it it may be best if we all just upload images to a image host and link 'em in to save space on the TFL server.

Although I guess Rich and his TFL elves will let us know if it gets to be a problem. :)
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

So - using Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kustenjaeger/7530862202/

Regards

Edward

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

I'm not sure if that's because your using Flickr or if you used the URL tag instead of IMG. I suspect the latter.

However, some hosting sites don't make it easy for you!

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

The preview looks like a blank box! As does the final thing.

Trying to upload a photo from the iPad is also not going well as the file size is too large.

Regards

Edward

Bactrian

Post by Bactrian »

Easy Peasey registering. Hello all from California

fred

Post by fred »

Here's my attempt at an image - file is hosted on my public google picasa image hosting site - which I normally use for posting on forums.

The photo is a low level shot of our first game of CoC using 10mm figures

fred

Post by fred »

That worked - I just right clicked on the image and select Copy URL, then click the Img button on the Full Editor option, and paste the URL text between the tags.

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

I think the problem is with Flickr. I tried both ways and got the same results on preview as Edward.

So.. don't use Flickr to hot images that you want to post inline to the forum. Of course you can still use teh link method to direct us to Flickr.

Fred - how have you based your 10mm for CoC?