Lard Games at Shows

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

joe.harrison89

Lard Games at Shows

Post by joe.harrison89 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi,

Are there any Lard rules games on the horizon at upcoming British shows? Including PC and GDA

I will probably attend Hammerhead and maybe Partizan myself.

Archdukek

Re: Lard Games at Shows

Post by Archdukek » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:16 pm

I would expect that the Lardies will be showcasing their forthcoming “Infamy, Infamy!” Ancient rules at the shows they are attending. Certainly John Savage has posted about his game of it at Vapnartak on Sunday.

John

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:44 pm

I've never attended Hammerhead, but there are usually at least two Lard games at Partizan - an official one run by Richard and Nick, plus one or more others put on by local clubs. As John says, "Infamy, Infamy!" is the star attraction this year; however, if it is showcased on the TFL table at Salute, then Big Rich may want to do something different at Partizan.
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Baldie

Post by Baldie » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:44 pm

Hammerhead is my fave show, loads to play.
Usually too busy getting duffed up at DBA to play much else though.

DougM

Post by DougM » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm planning to run some EW CoC at the Scottish shows.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:27 am

Nick and Rich are planning 2 Participation games at Salute - Infamy, Infamy and a Market Garden CoC game. I suspect that with II being published this year that will be the mainstay of their show games - of which Partizan is a regular date.

As regards Hammerhead, even if Rich doesn’t demo, there are always at least 4 or 5 TFL games at Newark and as Hammerhead is all participation games and most Lardy games are suitable for this genre, expect to see a few there. Certainly I would expect John Savage and the Harrogate guys to bring II to Hammerhead.

Don

joe.harrison89

Post by joe.harrison89 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:53 am

Excellent news, I will seek the out.

Out of interest, are the any high level details out there on Infamy, Infamy.

I have a load of victrix plastic Romans and Celts that might fit the bill.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:41 pm

joe.harrison89 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:53 am
Excellent news, I will seek the out.

Out of interest, are the any high level details out there on Infamy, Infamy.

I have a load of victrix plastic Romans and Celts that might fit the bill.
Check out the Lard Island News Blog for some high level stuff on “Infamy, Infamy!”.

John

John_savage_uk

Post by John_savage_uk » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:34 am

We will be at York (today!) with Infamy, Infamy! We’ll also be bringing II to Hammerhead (definitely) and probably a Partizan as well so should be 2 opportunities to play at Partizan. II is shaping up to be a great game and I’m excited about showing it off before it actually gets released.

Rich has written about the core mechanics on the blog but in essence it’s a large skirmish game (similar to Sharp Practice) with much Lardy dna (card driven, lots of friction etc) and some really clever mechanics to reflect the asymmetric nature of Roman v barbarian warfare and different character of the forces involved. Lots of research means the various flavours of barbarians are very different (but historically accurate) and a real challenge for both barbarian and Roman players. While our games have been very much classic match ups between Roman and Ancient Britons Rich has also demonstrated that the rules work equally well with Roman v Roman civil war encounters. Add in a simple campaign system and you have a great game system.

John

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:22 am

Infamy is very much the main-stay this year as ii's a new release and we like to give as many people as possible chance of seeing it. Pickett's Charge and GDA are Reisswitz Press products and Dave Brown, the author normally runs those games. However, Reisswitz Press are releasing O Group this year, so his efforts will be largely focussed there for the same reason.

Rich