Mere question of pluck question

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

dangerdaz

Mere question of pluck question

Post by dangerdaz » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm

So I understand the deck composition for the game & that I just keep on drawing a card and actioning it etc until the outspan card is drawn, which ends the turn, but what happens next?
Surely if I just reshuffle the cards there is a good possibility that a unit may not activate at all again, if their card isn't drawn before the outspan.And if you are unlucky with the shuffles a unit may keep being missed!
Or am I reading it/understanding it incorrectly!!??

Archdukek

Re: Mere question of pluck question

Post by Archdukek » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 pm

I haven't played a Mere Question of Pluck, but you have understood correctly. That is how it works in almost all the TFL card activation rules. The pack is reshuffled at outspan/tiffin/ tea break. So yes in theory a unit's card might never be drawn, but the actual chance is 50% each turn. Of course that is when Big Men/Leaders earn their pay by activating units if their card comes out first. There are also usually procedures to follow at Turn End which might still allow an unactivated some permitted actions.

If the level of friction is too great for you, you might consider introducing a second outspan card and only end the Turn and reshuffle when the second card is drawn. That will increase the chance of a specific unit card being drawn each turn from 50% to 66%.

John