CoC You Tube success.

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

dutchy124

CoC You Tube success.

Post by dutchy124 »

The videos posted on You Tube showing how to play both CoC and DB have been both very helpful in explaining the rules, but also a successful marketing tool. I have seen many posts where people are saying ''after watching the You Tube videos I am going to buy the rules''. To go one stage further I did suggest on the Yahoo group that a tournament be arranged and posted on YT whereby live games can be played out. This was posted before I knew of the total dislike to tournaments by our illustrious leader.

I have come up with a similar idea whereby either TFL themselves or other TFL gamers play a live game online, say every week or every two weeks. This would not be limited to CoC, but all TFL products. Hopefully they could be played live and posted on the TFL YT site. These would become not just instructional, but also give an insight to others who wish to buy, but are unsure as to how the rules play out.

I do not get to play games as frequently as I would wish, but to watch a video now and again would keep my pecker up.

Anyone interested.

John Thomas8

Re: CoC You Tube success.

Post by John Thomas8 »

At the con this weekend there was a lot of talk about the CoC vids and how they made the rules a very attractive item.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Dutchy

Actually I replied on the Yahoo Group that I was entirely relaxed about CoC tournaments. It's a-historical forces in tournaments I don't like, and CoC avoids that. So feel free to do precisely as you like.

Rich

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I am up for running one at next years beer & Pretzels in Burton if any one is interested as we could have a whole weekend of playing Coc at Burton town hall

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

fred

Post by fred »

The videos really helped sell CoC to me.

The live games idea sounds good - but I suspect would be quite a lot of work to do in a way that works for the viewers. Just videoing a game in progress from a static camera will probably be a bit dull. To be great you would want a couple of camera angles - especially so you can get close ups of dice rolls and 'soldier level' views. Also some voice over to indicate what is happening (rules wise, as well as tactically) would help.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I am trying to organise a game to be filmed at some point in the near future at Spirit Games I just need to organise the cameraman & finish painting stuff. Body doubles for shots when there are wargamers in shot would also be a good idea :shock:

Dark lord at large....

dutchy124

Post by dutchy124 »

Rich. Sorry I must have missed your answer in the Yahoo group. The suggestion of filming a tournament was more or less directed at you.
Ginger. Great news I look forward to seeing a live game.
Fred. I have no idea how much work is involved, but take a look at Jamie Tranter on You Tube. He has done several live games. Go for an early round tournament video as they were the most realistic. In the latter games they ended up with mostly tanks on the board which was as far form the rules as you could get

Timmo

Post by Timmo »

I thought the CoC demo on You Tube essentially showed the 'industry' how to generate significant pre-launch interest. They were well put together and really sold the system.

Incidentally, I haven't read a single bad review of them anywhere and am looking forward to getting a game in sometime, one day.

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Ginger. Great news I look forward to seeing a live game.
Fred. I have no idea how much work is involved, but take a look at Jamie Tranter on You Tube. He h

But will they be dancing?

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

Has just remembered I met the cameraman chap in Spirit Games yesterday & I forgot to talk to him about doing the film... :!: I had a good long cat with him abut all sorts of other stuff too :roll:

Dark lord at large....