Questions on Gerrman units

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Sabaton1944

Questions on Gerrman units

Post by Sabaton1944 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:56 am

So finally decided to dive into this after been sitting on my shelf and just life for last year. I have both Soviets and Germans. Everything is 28mm from another game. Just have a few questions on German support and what would be useful to add. This is for just for the German late war infantry platoon even though I have a half done SS Panzergrenadier platoon almost complete. I'll post the questions next to what confuses me on what I can field from my current collection

So looking at the list for the german infantry late war platoon I can run:

Platoon HQ:
Unterfeldwebel with smg
Panzershrek Team 2 mAN

Squads 1-3
Obergefreiter with smg
one panzerfaust ( does the platoon commander carry this or any one from the squad not including the LMG team ?}
LMG Team 2 crew one rifleman
Six riflemen

Support I have or can run

Senior Leader
Pre game barrage
Pioneer Flammwerfer Team
Sdkfz 251 no weapons (so does the LMG team that's using the halftrack use their own LMG ?)
Sniper Team
Green Infantry Squad
Reg Panzergrendier Squad
Pioneer Squad (what is this squad made up of? I'm expecting smg, lmg and flammwerfer)
sdkfz 251/10 command halftrack
Marder III
Sdkfz 251/9 stummel (is this is some other list ?)
Panther

All feedback is welcomed for this newbie

Truscott Trotter

Re: Questions on Gerrman units

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 am

Anyone can run the panzerfausts
Pioneer squad is choose any 2 pioneer teams plus JL after patrol phase

Might want an MMG team and
Entrenchments

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:19 am

As TT says any figure in the rifle team can carry the Panzerfaust, you don't need to track which one, it will be available when needed. Some of us use a figure with a panzerfaust as a marker to remind us of this ability which we swap out for a rifleman once used.

In the core rules the squad riding in the Sdkfz 251 have to provide the driver and the LMG from the squad as its weapon. In later published lists in some Pint Sized Campaigns it comes with a driver and an MG gunner who remain with the vehicle when the squad dismounts. One word of caution, in CoC these are armoured transport vehicles not a mini-tank as in some other rules, they are very vulnerable to Shock if used as an Uncommanded vehicle when the squad dismounts.

Composition of a Pioneer or Engineer Squad is given at top of page 82 and is as TT says. Some of us would consider it the height of cheesy play to use that option to buy 2 Flammenwerfer on the cheap. They are already under pointed and overpowered as it is.

You will find information on other weapons/vehicles like the Stummel in the Consolidated Arsenal which you will find a link to on Seret's website here plus all sorts of other useful resources and information: https://tinyhordes.com/chain-of-command ... d-arsenal/

John

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:58 am

At least it will be toasted cheese :D
Besides my Brit Paras NEED 2 flamethrowers to take out the Tigers..... :mrgreen:

Sabaton1944

Post by Sabaton1944 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 am

Thanks guys Yes it seems I skimmed over the Pioneer make up in the rule book. A MMG is on my list. Any good companies that sell or make entrenchments?

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 am

Sorry I didn't/don't see a MMG on the list I must be having another senior moment. 😁

Anyway I would add a second one and maybe a medic as senior leaders seem to get hit a fair bit.

Finally an armoured car with 20mm auto cannon is handy not just cos of the ROF6 reducing cover but also cos it has wheels and can move and fire on deployment unlike tracked vehicles

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:31 am

Entrenchments
http://www.baueda.com/28cama1.html
Or buy Rendera sandbags and make your own

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 am

I simply made my own from wine corks: quartered, based & flocked. It means that it's a flexible system, which can be built in a game as required for the variously sized & shaped teams.
"We are all worms.
But I do believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:50 am

Mate only posh wine from Europe has corks all Aussie wine has tin caps.

Still if you need someone to help drink the wine for more entrnchmemts I'm your man 😋

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Don't underestimate the value of the Adjutant as a support option. You don't need a figure for him and he frees up your SL(s) to do their job on table.

John