Using The September War for COC

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Archdukek

Re: Using The September War for COC

Post by Archdukek » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:45 am

Not sure why you think SMGs are banned for EW British forces in Chain of Command TT. I've never seen such a rule. If you mean that they are not usually included in the normal platoon lists, I presume that's because they weren't yet standard issue. However, you will find that the latest EW British lists in the new Blitzkreig Handbook for both the 1939 and 1940 Platoons has the Thomson SMG listed as a support option for Leaders. Bit expensive but they are there.

John

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks John I had not seen those.
Being in the support list is an appropriate place for them.
I might have to get some Pulp Action Scots SMG's after all.
BTW at 1 pt for a single SMG vs 2 pts for a morris armoured car with a boys and a bren not too many would choose a them ;)

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:04 am

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:20 am
BTW at 1 pt for a single SMG vs 2 pts for a morris armoured car with a boys and a bren not too many would choose a them ;)
I agree, I imagine it's to reflect the comparative rarity. Probably best allocated on a scenario basis.

John

AdmiralAndy

Post by AdmiralAndy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:20 pm

This whats been rather interesting for me to discover over the last few years that the invasion of Poland that started things off, had more nuances than the usual byeline of Germany invaded Poland and WW2 started.

As I saw Rich comment in a Beasts of War vid, just when you think you know about WW2 theres then another interesting fact, and over the last few years although a brief campaign there was equally a lot that was involved and came out of that that had relevance till the end of the war.

The Polish destroyers that made the break out and joined the Royal Navy, the Polish airmen who were the most successsul squadron in the BoB. The Polish Army who fought throughout the war.

The fact Russia invaded and wasn't just the Germans.

The Germans then using the tanks they captured and adapting designs of those right till the end of the war.

The Saar Offensive I'd never heard about before.

All fascinating stuff.

Danni1

Post by Danni1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 pm

In the case of the Poles vs Germans, maybe green vs green for the first encounter or two, then after the initial real-life learning curve, snap both forces back to their regular or even higher status?

siggian

Post by siggian » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Danni1 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 pm
In the case of the Poles vs Germans, maybe green vs green for the first encounter or two, then after the initial real-life learning curve, snap both forces back to their regular or even higher status?
Where both forces are equally inexperienced, I'd just treat both as regular as being both easier to remember and providing a better game. A green vs green fight is going to produce more casualties quicker (and consequently shorter and possibly more lopsided games) and extreme dice rolls will have greater impact.