Lardy Podcast

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Lardy Podcast

Postby Richard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Afternoon all.

Just a heads up to say that we are planning to run a regular monthly Lardy podcast starting later this month. We have a rough idea of what we want to include, for example we are keen to do reports on show trips, look at products from other companies which match well with our rule sets, generally talk about gaming and, whilst we intend to make it short and sweet, maybe 30 minutes an episode, we do plan to have occasional 'road trip' specials a la Top Gear covering things like our forthcoming trip to Passchendaele.

Anyway, we also thought that it would be good to ask you all what you would like to see included. That could be a broad subject, a regular 'column' on something, or a specific question for the mail bag, maybe guests we could have on?

Any tips gratefully received.

Cheers

Rich
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Lardy Podcast

Postby Archdukek » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea and a good opportunity to hear more from the other stalwarts on Lard Island and avoid interviewing that Clarke chap who witters on incessantly whenever he is on Meeples. :D

Seriously I always enjoy your contributions to Meeples and it would be fascinating to hear more about your research findings or the thinking behind the design approach you have taken in particular rules. However, keep it short and focussed, as you do in your WSS columns, would be my advice for what it's worth.

John
Archdukek

Postby Captain Reid » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:50 am

I agree entirely with John.

In a half hour show, I don't think you'll have time for regular slots. Also, if you have regular slots then you must always produce content to fill them, which can then seem like a chore, potentially resulting in more lacklustre content.

Whereas if you just pick a topic for the week, on whatever thing takes your fancy, you'll be enthused and the whole thing will be better for it.

Put on your hippy wig and go with the flow, man. Don't get pressured into conforming to the system, man.
Faith! If they tried to outrun a Hielandmon, they stood but a bad chance, for Whash! went the broadsword.
- James Thompson, 78th Foot.

The Saindoux Campaign, 1757, my French and Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, 1811, my Peninsular War blog.
Captain Reid

Postby Truscott Trotter » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 am

Mail bag question of the month would be a good regular thing to include?
Truscott Trotter

Postby agent_pumpkin » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:10 am

Sounds excellent! A mail bag/email/forum/twitter/facebook/pub question would be great.

As Captain Reid said with just 30 mins you cant really have time for a quest slot, but you could have a guest co-presenter from time to time? Or every now and again dedicate a whole show to one fellow gamer and or game-designer to chat with such as Henry Hyde?

Actually looking forward to this.

Oh! Will there be a Samantha on hand, or Mrs Trellis of North Wales? ;)
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.
agent_pumpkin

Postby sjwalker51 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:20 am

More likely to be the lovely Sid on hand, I suspect.
sjwalker51

Postby Truscott Trotter » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:32 pm

As long as he's not topless this time!

PS on a slightly more sober note a "Whats on Rich's workbench" segment might be a regular?
Truscott Trotter

Postby MikeH » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Sounds like a great idea Rich, but do you really think you can stick to 30mins?

you know your mates on M&M will there to support you by getting the word out to the public
catch me on twitter Wargamer_Mike
Or hear my whittering on about stuff on the Meeples and Miniatures podcast and on my Blog http://mikehobbs.co.uk
MikeH

Postby Pavlovs_Dog » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:31 pm

It sounds like a wizard idea, I am coming to the conclusion you can never have enough Lard (when playing toy soldiers is concerned).
Pavlovs_Dog

Postby Richard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 am

Well, the first one clocked in at 58 minutes. We hope to go live on that next week.

Rich
Richard
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion