Lard in Sheffield

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Counterpane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:10 pm

It suits me that it's cancelled too. I couldn't make this year's date.

Let's have a serious go at organising something epic next year.
Counterpane
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:52 am
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Pavlovs_Dog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Should you organise something for next year I will seriously consider making the trek north to attend. Please keep us posted.
Pavlovs_Dog
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Richard » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:21 am

Chaps, I am really sorry to hear this. I was just about to book my accommodation when I found out.

All I can say is, is that if anyone in that area knows of a scout hut or similar and we can arrange a day, then I would come up. It doesn't have to be anything very clever, just a few wargamers in a hut somewhere.

Rich
Richard
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:50 am

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby oozeboss » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 am

I suppose that means that you'll just have to come to MOAB instead, Richard.

I live a couple of blocks from the venue and we have a couple of spare couches, so I can put you up here.

;)

:lol:

:mrgreen:
"We are all worms.
But I believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill
User avatar
oozeboss
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:25 am
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Derek H » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 am

Richard wrote:All I can say is, is that if anyone in that area knows of a scout hut or similar and we can arrange a day, then I would come up. It doesn't have to be anything very clever, just a few wargamers in a hut somewhere.

Rich


I bet you say that to all the boys!
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/
User avatar
Derek H
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Musselburgh, near Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby oozeboss » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:52 am

Derek H wrote:
Richard wrote:All I can say is, is that if anyone in that area knows of a scout hut or similar and we can arrange a day, then I would come up. It doesn't have to be anything very clever, just a few wargamers in a hut somewhere.

Rich


I bet you say that to all the boys!


He just did. :twisted:
"We are all worms.
But I believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill
User avatar
oozeboss
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:25 am
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Captain Reid » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Richard wrote:Chaps, I am really sorry to hear this. I was just about to book my accommodation when I found out.

All I can say is, is that if anyone in that area knows of a scout hut or similar and we can arrange a day, then I would come up. It doesn't have to be anything very clever, just a few wargamers in a hut somewhere.

Rich


Does anyone know what the original venue were charging?
Faith! If they tried to outrun a Hielandmon, they stood but a bad chance, for Whash! went the broadsword.
- James Thompson, 78th Foot.

The Saindoux Campaign, 1757, my French and Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, 1811, my Peninsular War blog.
User avatar
Captain Reid
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:49 am
Location: Shrewsbury and Peebles

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Counterpane » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:00 pm

I can get a very nice school hall within easy walking distance of an excellent village pub for £150 for an entire weekend.

I currently run a gaming weekend there each Easter. I'm sure a Lardy Day instead or as well would be doable.

Richard C
Counterpane
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:52 am
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby sjwalker51 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Musing on a South Yorkshire Lard Day sometime in 2018, Junction 37 of the M1 (the Dodworth/Barnsley one, for those in the know) might tick most of the boxes: 3 hotels within a mile (2 with function/meeting rooms), with 2 Indian restaurants and a couple of cooking lager pubs within staggering distance. Only potential downside might be public transport but the Barnsley interchange is only a short taxi ride away.

I'll see what I can find out, then me, Fred, Counterpane etc need to get together and pool our efforts, preferably over a pint or two.
User avatar
sjwalker51
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:01 pm
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Re: Lard in Sheffield

Postby Counterpane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 am

As long as it's not a pint of cooking lager...
Counterpane
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:52 am
Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

User Menu

Login Form

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 114 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Copyright © 2009 Afterburner - Free GPL Template. All Rights Reserved.