some newbie questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica, Nellkyn

talagarz

some newbie questions

Post by talagarz »

How do you guys and girls rule out situations like

1. 3 out 6 see the enemie and can fire? the squad normally had eg.3 dice to start with, how many dice can you roll?
2. 3 out 6 are in short range and 3 out of 6 are in long range to fire?
3. shock and rolling doubles, shock normally substracst a pip from the total but do they still count as a double? 2 * 5 would be 9 with 1 shock but would it still count as a double?
4. Anti-tank weapons firing at vehicles get some modifiers, but they shoot as good against moving vehicles as againts stationary, while vehicle antiank weapons get a modifier for firing against moving vehicles...

we planned to start playing a few weeks ago, but somehow that was not allowed.... So I reread the rules and wondered about these situations, it would be nice if they were clear before we started gaming.

with regards

Jan

Vis Bellica

Re: some newbie questions

Post by Vis Bellica »

Hiya

Welcome to the world of Lard!

I know what you mean about some rules not being expressly stated, but it's usually possible to use common sense to get to the answer.

1. 3 out 6 see the enemie and can fire? the squad normally had eg.3 dice to start with, how many dice can you roll?

If only three in a squad can fire, then work out how many dice three in a squad get (usually none or one) and use that number.

2. 3 out 6 are in short range and 3 out of 6 are in long range to fire?

Roll a dice. 1-3 all in the shorter range band, 4-6 all in the longer range band. Most basing makes measuring no more than approximate anyway.

3. shock and rolling doubles, shock normally substracst a pip from the total but do they still count as a double? 2 * 5 would be 9 with 1 shock but would it still count as a double?

Yes

4. Anti-tank weapons firing at vehicles get some modifiers, but they shoot as good against moving vehicles as againts stationary, while vehicle antiank weapons get a modifier for firing against moving vehicles...

Perhaps easier to track a moving vehicles with a hand-held weapon than with a mounted anti-tank weapon? Perhaps an oversight? Use whichever you like best: just agree which with your opponent before you start.

we planned to start playing a few weeks ago, but somehow that was not allowed.... So I reread the rules and wondered about these situations, it would be nice if they were clear before we started gaming.

with regards

Jan

Hope you enjoy your game. Snd an AAR in to VL if you like.
[/quote]

talagarz

Re: some newbie questions

Post by talagarz »

Hi Thank you for the answer,

but I do not get the doubles.... you got some shock, and e.g. shooting with a bazooka at a bunker from far enough (meaning only double 5 and 6 will hit and cause a lot of pain) you still hit the bunker when rolling double 5 and 6, meaning shock does not implicate any negative influence?

I think that subtracting the shock from the highest die would be a solution but what do you guys think about that?

with regards,

Jan

ps as we are now allowed to.. we'll have our first trial this monday, I'll try to put together aan AAR.