What A Tanker! @ MOAB 2018

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

What A Tanker! @ MOAB 2018

Post by oozeboss » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:57 am

Just testing the water (especially as Chain of Command is not being played this year):

How many people would be interested in participating in a What A Tanker! event at MOAB 2018? Details would be that it is played on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30 September, at the Box Road, Sylvania Heights complex (south of Sydney, NSW).

KISS principle rules are to apply: Each player can field up to 2 vehicles from one nation, of a combined value not exceeding 30 points. Vehicles are to be 28mm scale; must be WYSIWYG (so no Pzkw I's pretending to be VI's); and each player can only field one of each kind of vehicle (so no pair of M36's, for example).

If we have enough interest, we just might be able to get this going. :mrgreen:
"We are all worms.
But I do believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill

alang

Re: What A Tanker! @ MOAB 2018

Post by alang » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:23 am

Sorry I already have a commitment at MOAB. Perhaps as a demo game to drum up interest for next time?

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:06 am

@alang - there have been participation armoured games at MOAB for the past three years (featuring 3 Shermans facing off against 2 Panthers), so the time is probably right to advance the genre to the next level. We are not expecting any large numbers of players, but what we do hope to achieve with our little icebreaker is to show the public just how much fun can be had with WHAT A TANKER! (and in fact, with any TFL rules).

Hope you have a ball in your comp, and can come up and introduce yourself to the bunch of Tankers!.
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am

Mount Up TANKERS! We're now officially playing at MOAB 2018. Registration (and link to the Players' Pack) can be accessed at: http://www.motherofallbattles.org/tournaments-register/ .
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill

oozeboss

Post by oozeboss » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:13 am

A quick note for our Aussie Tankers here: I've had the word put on me by the organizers that MOAB is rapidly filling up and that those competitions with insufficient actual registrations may soon find themselves being cancelled (probably some time this week). We've had a healthy number of stated intentions to play, but not enough have splashed the cash (yet) to guarantee our place in the MOAB sun. So, if you are intending to play WHAT A TANKER! there this year (and it's now less than 4 weeks away), please go to https://www.motherofallbattles.org/tour ... -register/ asap and register, so that the Lard light can continue to shine at Australasia's second biggest gaming convention. (I can even loan out some German or American tanks if required.)
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill