ard America - Historicon Afters and Fall-in Planning

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

berkebilep

ard America - Historicon Afters and Fall-in Planning

Post by berkebilep » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Good evening from Lard America

We had a wonderful turnout at Historicon 2018 with 20 games being played over 3 days. The tables looked great and we had an excellent selection of games, including, CoC, Big CoC, WaT, Dux ,KMH, and SP, Rich was able to make it over and rub shoulders with the more enlightened Lardies among the Colonials. We are all really proud of our efforts and intend to follow up with even more at Fall-in. This is our third go at the Conventions and it has grown each time. For those of you that participated I ask that you please put together some AARs and share pictures.

As is usual, we are on a quick turnaround to get games into the PEL for Fall-In. If you wish to run one or more games at Fall-In, I ask that you please send Ed Bowen and I emails with your game title, game system, desired day, and desired time so that we may balance the gaming events. I also ask that you please wait to make your submission to HMGS until we give the all clear as we are trying to get everyone into a club space. This should be resolved pretty quickly. 19 of our 20 games were collocated in the Distelfink.

On another note - We are in the pre-planning stages for a Lard America Lard Days weekend event. More to follow on this as we shape it up. If you are interested please indicate your interest here. We are looking at Gettysburg, Baltimore, DC, Richmond, or other possible locations.

Note: We are also posting this same information on the TooFatLardies Yahoo group here -> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Toofatlardies/info

Ed and I can be reached as follows:

berkebilep at yahoo
e.bowen66 at yahoo

GunnarL

Re: ard America - Historicon Afters and Fall-in Planning

Post by GunnarL » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Patrick,

The further North the better for me, but I wouldn't want to pull all of you guys further north than Gettysburg unless there are others up here with me.

Gunnar

mugginns

Post by mugginns » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm

It would be very cool if we could somehow move it closer to the midwest. There are already three conventions a year close to the east coast - even doing just one in Pittsburgh would shave 3 hours off my drive time and maybe bring in more players from Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, etc.

berkebilep

Re: Lard America - Historicon Afters and Fall-in Planning

Post by berkebilep » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:45 pm

We have done the most important thing and that is to get Lard America rolling at the HMGS East Cons. We have now been represented at Fall-IN 2017, Cold Wars 2018, and Historicon 2018. We have grown in number of games with each con. We have already identified 9 games for Fall-In and haven't even started registering. We will continue to participate in the cons going forward. For those of you that do not go to the 3 cited above, we will be happy to work with you.

Our next big step is an independent event. Hence, initial Gettysburg discussion. I see no reason why we cannot conduct this anywhere / anytime in the US. I do want to get one event under our belt first though and then we can branch out. So any ideas you have are always welcome. Gettysburg was the first location considered, as I thought it would be cool to do a battlefield tour as part of our weekend. Further, it is close to many of us that go to the aforementioned cons.

We will keep up the dialogue and see where we go from here. Please do not hesitate to comment or provide feedback. We are open to all suggestions and comments.

Cheers, pb

Munin

Post by Munin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Mugginns, do you do Drums at the Rapids or any of the other events at Fort Meigs?

donglewwe

Post by donglewwe » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 am

[quote2]
It would be very cool if we could somehow move it closer to the midwest.
[/quote]

FWIW, I suspect that the most practical application of 'Lard America' would involve four regions:
East coast, North, South, and West coast. Obviously there would be a lot of overlap, and highways would factor highly in determining accessibility.

I only mention this because -however much I assume a 300-400 mile drive to be 'normal' when going to a weekend Con- I think attendance at an event (especially a single day) would very much depend on distance.

e.bowen

Post by e.bowen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:04 pm

I think the Gettysburg idea is excellent - some gaming and a tour.