Wor Lard 2017

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Re: Wor Lard 2017

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Really looking forward to this weekend. Hope to see some of you there to play in my Sharp Practice and What a Tanker Games.

RIch
Richard
Site Admin

Postby Captain Reid » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:51 am

This was a great day at a very nice venue.

I'd like to thank the organisers, who were low-key but allowed everything to run very smoothly, and the Harrogate lads for turning up with their superb Retreat From Moscow scenario, and Rich for unleashing the mad monk potter upon the British in the Peninsular. These two games were the ones I played in and were really enjoyable - especially enhanced by Mike's cavalry charge obsession, which he reluctantly curbed in the first game but unleashed to full effect in the second . . .

The Troy game for Dux looked hugely impressive too and there was a large scale Spanish Civil War game that was in a different room but looked very characterful. There were a couple of other games running as well but I didn't really have the opportunity to see what they were about.

Good night out too, although the Karaoke pub brought on my PTSD - flashbacks to teenage years in the northeast. The horror . . . the horror . . .

I'll definitely be wanting to go to this next year, well worth the trip.

More detail and pictures here: https://saindouxnet.com/blog/
Faith! If they tried to outrun a Hielandmon, they stood but a bad chance, for Whash! went the broadsword.
- James Thompson, 78th Foot.

The Saindoux Campaign, 1757, my French and Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, 1811, my Peninsular War blog.
Captain Reid

Postby Richard » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Great day, and really nice to see some new faces among the regulars, including Captain Reid. The Homeric Dux game looked fantastic, but my highlight was playing in the Harrogate 1812 game which I have been coveting ever since I first saw it at Partizan. My thanks to Jim for his hard work arranging things.

I can only concur regarding the karaoke bar which was truly horrific.

Just got home and ready to collapse. It's a long, long drive.

Cheers

Rich
Richard
Site Admin

Postby butchyboy73 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 am

Phew! Sounds like I had a lucky escape by not attending the post combat curry. Perhaps bring some earplugs next year?
Ditto with the thanks to Jim and the gang for putting on such an enjoyable series of games. Deeply envious of those facilities and, thus far, the missus has vetoed a move to Durham. Still, there's always next year :)
butchyboy73

Previous

Return to The Ambassadors Reception: