Chain of Command at MOAB & CANCON

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Chain of Command at MOAB & CANCON

Postby oozeboss » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:01 am

Two of Australia's longest running and most successful tournaments - MOAB in Sydney over the October long weekend, and CANCON in Canberra over the Australia Day weekend - were both significantly enhanced in their last outings by hosting Chain of Command 'competitions'.

However, I have noticed that neither the MOAB site (http://www.sutherlandshiregamers.org/MOAB-Events/) nor the CANCON site (http://www.cgs.asn.au/Cancon/tournament/) are showing any sign of there being repeat performances of the spectacular and successful events of those last incarnations.

Does anybody know what the story is with these, and whether or not my 1940 Fallschirmjäger platoon has any hope of getting a game over either or both of these weekends?

:? :o :roll:
"We are all worms.
But I believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill
oozeboss

Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Re: Chain of Command at MOAB & CANCON

Postby Ysambart » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Chain of Command will be run at Cancon 2017! I have been approved to run it, and am in the process of developing the players pack.

Set Things: 1945, European Theatre tables, Pacific Theatre tables, Saturday 28th January and Sunday 29th January, and five 1v1 games and 1 'all in' game.

I am going through a discussion phase with ex-players, and those who participate in the Australian Facebook groups, and right here!

http://canchoc2017.blogspot.com.au/2016 ... notes.html
Ysambart

Postby oozeboss » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:34 am

At the risk of repeating what I said to you privately, Bart, many thanks for having the guts and the gumption to put your hand up to run Chain of Command at CANCON.

I must admit that at first I was disappointed that my 1940 Fallschirmjäger platoon, the anti-heroes of the Battle of Dombås (where they made Norwegian regulars look like veritable latter day Vikings) were going to be utterly sidelined and quite unable to be played. To the point where I was seriously considering either playing The Other Game with them, or just giving up and not playing either.

But then, like the first rays of the rising sun I saw the light: Island Defence Japanese!!! And although late war is quite anathema to me, my first WW2 army, being 1942 Papuan Campaign Japanese, perfectly fit the bill (OK, so I won't run any armour on principle, I'll quite happily take that hit for the sake of theme).

So now, happy daze, I'll be there, hobnailed sandals to the fore, ready to stomp the imperialists. (OK, stomp the other imperialists!)

:ugeek:

BANZAI!!!

:twisted:
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill
oozeboss

Postby Ysambart » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Hooray! I'm glad you have an army you are keen to play!
Ysambart

Postby oozeboss » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:55 pm

Island Defence Japanese have now morphed into US Armored Infantry (as per the "This time, it's personal" thread in the CoC part of this site). And it also looks as though I'll have a late war Fallschirmjäger platoon ready by late January as well (if we have to balance out the numbers of red and blue platoons).

:ugeek:

Now what we do need is those Australians and New Zealanders who are active on this site to come forth and multiply - that is, make the effort to join in and create our own little CoC extravaganza at CANCON 2017, and put on the type of show that will entice others to play our excellent little game.

:mrgreen:
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill
oozeboss

Postby Ysambart » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:49 am

Cancon 2017 page is up, Players pack, how to book, all happening!

http://canchoc2017.blogspot.com.au/2016 ... mmand.html
Ysambart

Postby Ysambart » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Cancon has filled to capacity as of Tuesday, so it is full more than one month before the event! Thanks to the quick 5 who booked early enough to play. With so few players, it is likely we will move to a more campaign style of play, rather than tournament style. And closed lists a month out helps with planning.
Ysambart

Postby Ysambart » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 am

Okay, so they re-jigged and now we have eight - four Axis, two UK and two Soviets. All European tables.
Ysambart

Return to The Ambassadors Reception: