Ebor Lard - Cancelled

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

John_savage_uk

Ebor Lard - Cancelled

Post by John_savage_uk »

Probably no surprise here, but given the ongoing issues with Covid, I have decided that I really can’t go ahead with Ebor Lard this year. As such, and with a heavy heart, I am officially cancelling Ebor 2020.

I hope that we will start to see events coming back next year and as such I am planning to bring back Ebor 2021 in its traditional date of the first weekend in October 2021. So an opportunity to get it in your diary early!

I have some ideas for other Lardy events and I am especially keen to organize an Infamy Day/weekend. This would be similar to some of the Sharp Practice themed events run by David Hunter and will allow players to play a number of games with their Roman or barbarian forces with the object of gaining personal glory (or Infamy!) while contributing to the success of their side. Will Rome be able to stabilize or even expand the frontier or will the Pax Romana start to shrink and crumble?

Hopefully in the New Year with some good news on the health front I can start making firm plans.

In the meantime enjoy your gaming and I hope to see some of you at a Lardy Day or Show in 2021.

John

sjwalker51

Re: Ebor Lard - Cancelled

Post by sjwalker51 »

Not an easy decision to make, John, but the right one.

Better start planning a game for Ebor21 !

Simon

DougM

Post by DougM »

I'd be more devastated if i knew where it was intended to be run and whether it was close to me?
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking »

Fully expected John - every Wargames event since the beginning of March has fallen to this bloody pandemic.

Hopefully 2021 will be better. I’d be very interested in an II weekend!

BTW John is a leading light of Harrogate Club who put on immense Lardy games - the Retreat from Moscow was one of his last year. - so my guess is Ebro Lard will be somewhere in Yarkshire!

Don

Peter

Post by Peter »

Ebro Lard would be in Spain... just saying.

DougM

Post by DougM »

Well, Harrogate is a 4 hour 30 minute drive, so not impossible... let's hope we can all get together face to face in 2021.
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/

Baldie

Post by Baldie »

DougM wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:13 pm
Well, Harrogate is a 4 hour 30 minute drive, so not impossible... let's hope we can all get together face to face in 2021.
And so say all of us
Interests

Getting slaughtered by a surprising amount of opponents.