Swedish TFL group?

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Foggy

Swedish TFL group?

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:19 am

Is there a meeting place where the Swedish Lardies congregate? I'm interested in getting TFL games (mainly CoC/IABSM personally but having a regularly appearing lard room and perhaps Lard games days would be a reasonable goal) to conventions more regularly to help grow the games and a way to coordinate and find like-minded people to help out seems necessary. Are the forums and Facebook groups the best way to get in contact with them by asking for specifically Swedish people (or people living close enough where travel to for example Gothenburg isn't out of the question), or does a better avenue exist already?

Iztvan

Re: Swedish TFL group?

Post by Iztvan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi Foggy!
We have a small Chain of Command Sweden group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/359185601106884/

Some of us are on Twitter as well, as many lardies are.

Where in Sweden do you live?

There is going to be some Chain of Command at GothCon the coming Easter Holiday as well in Yggdrasils spelrum:
http://www.gothcon.se/xliii/innehall/ar ... ng#/id/509
Twitter @Staffan_G

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:47 am

Hi!

I applied for membership in the group, I am happy to learn there was already existing infrastructure. I live in Tranemo and have been in contact with some old friends that have a play group in Gothenburg, and I am going to try and get a play group started in Borås (where I currently mainly play M:TG). See if I can convert some 1940k players from Armagedon. :)

I have also been in contact with the person behind the Yggdrasil room and will be there to get my game on and help teach the rules, sadly I don't think I will have painted minis by then but still.

My long term goal is to get an Ardennes Offensive setup for this year's BSK, of at least a demo table with different terrain to play a few different scenarios, and then to continue running TFL games on cons (probably mainly Gothcon and BSK due to time constraints and geographical location) as I said in my original post. Having a partner or two in crime for this endeavor would be nice. As soon as I am let into the FB group, I'll make myself known. :)

Iztvan

Post by Iztvan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:49 am

Great, I saw your post in the group! :-)

Ardennes sounds awesome, I bought the winter wargaming terrain book by http://wargamingwithsilverwhistle.blogspot.com/ and was quite inspired, but I have some lead pile that needs to be handled first. Love the winter look. I did some 15mm ww2 for Flames of War many years ago, really liked the painting and basing.
Twitter @Staffan_G

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:42 am

I made a post a month back with my draft for an introductory campaign taking place during the Ardennes offensive, and I was intending to use the scenarios from that as a basis for demo play during a convention, while building the necessary forces to field the platoons and the support options.

I am just figuring out how the notification system works in this version of forum software, so I'll have to revive it a bit just now, and that also explains why it took me a long time to notice your posts in this particular thread - apparently creating a thread doesn't automatically subscribe you to it, or something?

Anyway, the post with the campaign:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10576&p=69537#p69537

Iztvan

Post by Iztvan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:51 am

There is no notifications at all in the forum, appart from checking the Quick links in the upper left corner.

I'll have a look at the campaign later, not that I really can contribute anything when it comes to the Bulge (except "winter is cool"...)
Twitter @Staffan_G

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 am

Oh, but there are notifications, I got one for this reply. You have to go into the settings and enable the different types of notifications/email alerts, and then manually subscribe to (or bookmark) the thread you want notifications for. It's the last part that threw me off. :)

PacKes

Swedish TFL group

Post by PacKes » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 am

Welcome to the club, Callan. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the car. I finally got INPA working and its difficult to not just go mad on the coding front when you see all the things that can be done, isnt it?