Posh Lard 2017

For gamers putting on TooFatLardies games at Shows and Conventions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Posh Lard 2017

Postby TroubleAtTheMill » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 am

As promised at OML5...

Sunday July 23rd - a day of Lard in the middle of Peterborough, within walking distance of the train and bus stations, onsite parking.

The club will be putting on a BIG (battalion scale) WW2 IABSM game with space for 5 or so a side: if anyone is interested in bringing anything else to demo, please drop us a note (address on the link). Admission is a fiver to cover hall costs, and can be done via Paypal at the link below.

It's very likely we'll decamp to the local Thai restaurant/real ale pub afterwards - I'll try and ensure they have some cooking lager for Rich :D

http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/tc-events/posh-lard-2017/
TroubleAtTheMill

Re: Posh Lard 2017

Postby TroubleAtTheMill » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Update:

July 23rd, at Peterborough Wargames Club - 38a Cowgate, Peterborough PE1 1NA

Entry a fiver to cover room hire - available from http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.o ... lard-2017/

So far, we have 12 confirmed attendees, not counting the St Albans posse which will (I’m told) include at least Rich :D

Games:
- IABSM battalion level Operation Bluecoat game (Peterborough)
- Chain of Command France 1940 (Gravesend)
- 15mm Peninsular SP2 (Tim Duckworth)
- ‘something’ - (Rich)

Plenty of space for 10-12 more folks, and maybe one more game.
TroubleAtTheMill

Re: Posh Lard 2017

Postby TroubleAtTheMill » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:45 pm

That’s about 10 days away as ever is. Apologies for the delay in the update - a combination of honest-to-god flu and work madness that Im not allowed to talk about have kept me somewhat busy!

So:

We currently have 17 attendees, and probably space for a few more. Booking online at http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.o ... lard-2017/

- Doors will be open sometime before 9am so that those of us running games can start setup. Generally expecting games proper to start around 9:45-10 so if you’re constrained by National Rail don’t sweat it.

- we’ll break for lunch around 1ish for an hour - there’s plenty off fast food places within walking distance and a Weatherspoons across the road that’s usually pretty quick.

- aiming to wrap up around 5.30 or so. If anyone’s up for a Thai and some real ale after we’ll decamp to the Brewery Tap which is about 5 mins walk.

- Location for your sat nav is 38a Cowgate, PE1 1NA - drive UNDER the arch (on the south side of Cowgate) and park wherever you can find a space,

- Current games are
- Battalion Level Normandy IABSM - me!
- France 1940 Big CoC - the Gravesend guys
- Peninsular Sharp Practice - Tim Duckworth
- ‘something’ from Rich and Nick

I’ll be mailing the attendees later in the week so they can express a preference for any of the games, but I’m not fussed how informal it ends up being. I’m assuming everything but the IABSM will run twice in the day (and i’ll be quite happy for folks to dip in and out of the IABSM).
TroubleAtTheMill

Return to The Ambassadors Reception: